The Civilian Conservation Corps Legacy represents the alumni of America and strives to bring awareness to the heritage of the CCC, CCC alumni, their programs and accomplishments. For many years, alumni across America have elevated their heritage through consistently remind citizens, historians, and natural resource agencies of its great impact on the American Culture.
Please join the effort to continue the legacy of the Civilian Conservation Corps.
To our website readers
Who are we? …..
Civilian Conservation Corps Legacy
In 2007, the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Legacy was established through a merger between the Camp Roosevelt CCC Legacy Foundation and the National Association of CCC Alumni (NACCCA). The purpose of CCC Legacy is to continue the promotion of the CCC in America and pass the legacy of the CCC to following generations.
Our main organizational goals are:
- Building a strong organization for the future
Although this list looks simple, it encompasses many important elements that will sustain CCC heritage for many years in the future. For anyone who has delved into the elements of preserving CCC heritage, they become acutely aware of the great need for action. As an organization who mission is to make sure the CCC is not forgotten, it is demonstrated that there is a great interest in learning more about conservation heritage and how it affects us today.
CCC alumni have made a remarkable contribution. Now it is time for following generations to step forward to help secure their hard work.
- The Civilian Conservation Corps Legacy is an incorporated non-profit membership group organized in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Purpose: Dedicated to research, preservation and education to promote a better understanding of the CCC and its continuing contribution to American life and culture.
- Serve as a national presence to bolster the visibility of the CCC
- Spark awareness of the CCC men and their projects through the use of education, oral histories, research and heritage based tourism.
- Membership dues support the overhead operations.
- Sales of merchandise earn funds for preservation and educational projects.
- Donations are always welcome and are tax deductible.
The Civilian Conservation Corps Legacy is a non-profit organization dedicated to research, preservation, and education to promote a better understanding of the CCC and its continuing contribution to American life and culture.
Board of Directors
The CCC Legacy Board of Directors is made up of seven members from varied backgrounds, experiences, and locations.
- Joan Sharpe, VA President
- Jean Martin, VA, VP
- Naomi Shaw, MO, Secretary
- Terry Altman, AR, Director
- Daniel Newquist, SC, Director
- Martha Smith, MI, Director
- Henry Sulima, FL, CCC Boy and Director
- Monthly telephone conference board meetings are held to conduct business and program development.
- The required annual membership meeting is held in the last four months of the year and is combined wit the national CCC Legacy Gathering
- Remaining chapter gather for business and social events.